Friday, November 18, 2016

God Bless America!




God bless America!


- For having given me a job, a career, and a new language

- For my first home, where I lived with the woman who is still my wife after 40 years

- For being the land where my son was born

- For the fog of San Francisco's bay, for the great trees of the Sequoia National Park, for the Japanese gardens on the hill

- For the raccoons cavorting in the garden, for the blue jays landing on the window sill, for the lone coyote trotting along the street.

- For the bottomless cup of coffee, for the champagne brunch, for the maple syrup and the pancakes

- For Bob Dylan, Joan Baez, and Leonard Cohen

- For John Muir, Rachel Carson, and Donella Meadows

- For Ursula Le Guin, Robert Anson Heinlein, and Isaac Asimov

- For all that and so much more



God bless America. She needs that. Badly.





1 comment:

  1. Amen, Ugo! But Leonard Cohen was ours first ;)

    - a smug Canadian

    ReplyDelete